The Best Dehydrator
I love this dehydrator and for one simple but important reason, the location of the fan. The fan is mounted to the back of the unit as apposed to the top or the bottom as you will see in most other dehydrators.
This is important for a few key reasons:
- When the fan is on the bottom juices drip into it and can cause damage
- When the fan is on the top it has to draw air up through every tray that is covered with food, causing some trays to dry faster than others. When the fan is on the back it draws air across each tray of food evenly, allowing the food to finish dehydrating at the same time.
The unit puts off a little heat when operating but is not a major issue unless you live in a small place. If you do just run the fan over your range and you should be just fine. In the summertime ,I actually use it on my covered patio next to my garden. The screens used in each tray are really easy to clean which is a big bonus. I also love how much I can dehydrate at one time, allowing me to setup a day to prep and execute a large amount of product at once.
The construction of the unit is solid and it can handle some abuse. My unit is a year old and works like a charm. These dehydrators are more expensive than most other standard models available at major stores or online. However, the Excalibur dehydrator is the best and worth every penny if your serious about food storage. Remember buy once and buy right!
This unit comes in multiple sizes and styles so it can match any kitchen set up. You can look at these and accessories in our store.
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 17 x 12.5 inches ; 22 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 22.8 pounds
- 9-tray dehydrator, 15 square feet of drying space
- Built in on off switch
- Great for large familes and gardens
- Includes adjustable thermostat
- Easy to clean polyscreen tray inserts
Dehydration is the healthiest, easiest, and most economical way to preserve foods. Load the trays and set the temperature, the Excalibur dries the contents of all trays evenly so everything’s done at once. Dehydration concentrates the natural flavor, sweetness, and aromas of your food. Leaving you with a flavor that’s far healthier than high-fat snacks and high-sugar candies that are filled with chemical preservatives. The Excalibur 9-Tray Economy Dehydrator provides 15 square feet of drying space making this the biggest and best there is! Ideal for large families, large gardens, craftspeople, and sportsmen. Includes flexible polyscreen tray inserts to prevent foods from sticking to trays, 7 inch fan, built-in on/off switch, and adjustable thermostat. Do not was the herbs before drying. Herbs must be dried before adding it into the dehydrator. Humidity and herb size plays a role in determining the drying time.Product Description