Once you commit to becoming more prepared and self reliant you realize how much you have to do and learn. Your prepper’s education starts today and continues for the rest of your life! I have suggested below books to buy and online classes to take, however nothing is as good as the real thing. So sign up for survival courses, go hunting with an expert, and learn first aid in a class room hands on setting. There is no substitution for the real thing ever, however, we all have to start somewhere!
Preps to Buy
- Buy books on skills you want to learn
- Tools or accessories needed to learn these skills
- Extra printer paper to print out any information you find online
- Survivor USB or Binders for organizing your information (To help you organize this binder, click here for tips)
- Topographic and geographic maps of the area
- Farmer’s Almanac to find out growing season
- Start looking online for any online courses you can take: Medical, basic herbal medicine, etc
- Make a goal to start learning a new skill set.
- Purchase written resources for your survival library.
- Equip yourself with essential knowledge.
- Get and stay current in any certifications such as concealed weapons, first aid, CPR etc
- Continue to educate yourself on skills you feel are pertinent to your survival.
Medical & Disaster Training Classes: